form letters again-not working

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
cassy

form letters again-not working

Post by cassy » Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:24 am

I tried the get party commands for the carrier and the defense attorney but it's not working. Nothing prints on the page. I double and triple checked the command line just in case. When I pulled up the carrier before, I didn't do a get party, just command = insurance and that worked. What are your thoughts.

Cassy

Michael Appell

Re: form letters again-not working

Post by Michael Appell » Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:50 am

The GetParty is the best and most flexible command to use. The problem with command = insurance is that it pulls directly from the application for adjudication. It's better to use the GetParty because that pulls from the parties sheet.

Go to the parties sheet and to the right of the names you should see the categories. You should see (for example) CLIENT, EMPLOYER, INSURANCE, etc. Make sure that the category for the insurance company is not blank.

Check the parties sheet and make sure there is a category that says "INSURANCE" Also, perhaps you could "copy and paste" the commands you are using into a reply so that I can see the exact commands you are using in your form letter and I will then be able to figure out why they may not be working.

Mike

Michael Appell

Re: form letters again-not working

Post by Michael Appell » Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:16 am

Version 4.00 has a really nice Case Information Top Sheet. But, if you want to create your own or have not installed version 4.00 yet, one way would be to just pull the carriers and attorney directly from the applications. You could do it this way:

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>