A1 shutting down way too often

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
ferankin

A1 shutting down way too often

Post by ferankin » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:10 pm

I thought I posted this message a few days ago, but I guess not.

I have to use my Task Master to shut down A1 pretty much several times a day. A1 just freezes up. Go to do something and the pink window opens, will not let me ignore or cancel, and I have only one option. Use Task Master (control + alt + delete) to shut down A1 and then reopen it. It will happen when I'm in the middle of doing a document, an WCAB form, or whatever, forcing me to do it all over again.

At least one of my assistants is having a similar problem. She tells me if she leaves A1 for 20 minutes, when she goes back, it shuts down on her.

Any suggestions? This is getting old.

Frank Rankin, Sacramento

Admin1
Site Admin

Re: A1 shutting down way too often

Post by Admin1 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:06 pm

If it is happening when they leave it idle for 20 minutes then it sounds like it is going into hibernation and/or sleep mode. Please check your power saving settings at the control panel.

Mike

ferankin

Post by ferankin » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Mike, That issue of 20 minutes was only a reference to one problem my assistant has noticed. My problems occur throughout the day, when I'm on the computer throughout the day, and the computer has not gone into any type of hibernation or sleep mode.

Frank

Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:58 pm

Did the problem just start recently or has it been going on for a while. Often it is a cable issue. To start, please let me know if you are using A1Comm.

Thanks,
Mike

ferankin

Post by ferankin » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Mike, This has been going on for a while, but much more for the past few months. I don't think it's a cable, because it effects me, and my two assistants, and they are both in different areas of the office.

A1 Comm? I'm not sure...actually, I have no idea what that is. It looks familiar, but I have no idea what it means. Where should I look?

Thanks,

Frank

Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Believe me - it can definitely be a cable issue and if it is then A1Comm will help a lot while the cable problem is being researched. In the meantime, please feel free to Email me and we can coordinate a time to see if A1Comm is installed.

Thanks,
Mike

ferankin

Post by ferankin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Mike, I thought I'd posted something to this topic but I can't find it, so perhaps I'd failed to sign in.

The problems we were having with getting kicked off A1, were clearly the result of our system, not A1. Dave, our computer dude, spent a lot of time getting it fixed. Not sure if it's fixed entirely but it was definitely our system, not A1, because we've not had the kick out problem for the past several weeks.

As it is, I understand you are going to remotely connect Thur morning to do the A1 Comm connection.

Thanks. I mainly wanted people to now the problem we were having was our own internal problem, not an A1 problem.

Frank

Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:37 pm

Can you please let us all know what the problem was and what Dave found out and had to do to fix it?

Thanks,
Mike