change in email?

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
ferankin

change in email?

Post by ferankin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:28 pm

Until recently, when we emailed someone through A1, the email would automatically be added to the Main Case Activity. The email was attached to the entry, and the email could also be read simply by opening the activity.

Recently, that changed. We can still email through A1, and the Main Case Activity would reflect an email to so and so, but if I open the activity, the text from the email is not there. The only way I can read the email is to use the "view document" tab when right clicking the mouse with the curse on the message.

Was this done on purpose, is it a glitch? What's up?

Frank Rankin, Sacramento

Admin1
Site Admin

Re: change in email?

Post by Admin1 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:18 am

Are you referring to Microsoft Outlook Email? Nothing has changed. You can configure it like this:

Click Tools, System, Configure System Defaults, General, Case Activity

Click the dropdown at the bottom left that displays Outlook Button. Select either Subject Only (to only post the subject) or Subject+Body to post but the subject and the body of the Email to case activity.

(You will want to select Subject+Body to post both so that you don't have to click View Document).

Mike

ferankin

Post by ferankin » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:10 pm

Thanks, Mike. I'll make the change as soon as I remember my master password. Geesh how can I forget it. Just used it a few months ago.

Frank

Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:13 pm

Please Email me if you need assistance.

Thanks,
Mike