program closing

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
ferankin

program closing

Post by ferankin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Mike,

This issue happens a little too often to me. I open a new file, input data of client, created application, go to court docs, create a 4906, then go to fee disclosure to create one, and the pink window opens up and either closes A1 or freezes up. Several times I have had one of my assistants open the case on their computer to print the fee disclosure document.

Why does that happen?

Thanks,

Frank

Admin1
Site Admin

Re: program closing

Post by Admin1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Hello - here are my questions:

1. Does it only happen when printing the 4906 form?

2. Does it only happen on your computer?

3. Do you have the latest updates?

Thanks,
Mike

ferankin

Post by ferankin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:52 pm

1) It usually happens when I try to open the form, to create it, not while printing it. When I sign back in, the case acvitity file shows the document, but it's not there.

2) It generally impacts only my computer. I can usually have one of my assistants create and print it on their computer.

3) We update fairly frequently, but this is a problem which has gone on for months. I've always perceived it as a flaw I have to deal with in A1.

Frank

Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:34 am

1. Check to make sure you have the latest updates.

2. Since it is only happening on your computer try clicking tools, miscellaneous, register controls.

Mike

ferankin

Post by ferankin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:37 pm

I've done that Mike. Doubt it will help. Just one of the downsides to A1. It crashes sometimes. I just lost 90 minutes of work due to a crash. My fault, I should have created this doc in word and pasted it into A1.

I have another issue which is more frustrating, which we've discussed in the past: the function of the tab key while the curser is in the body of the email. I want to use it for one purpose, to indent the first line of a paragraph, or to tab over further on a line. The default appears to be hit the tab button and the cursor moves from the "body of the email" to the "Case No:" box. So typically, when I think I've just tabbed the space for a new paragraph, and I'm typing, I find the curse is in the case number box, has erased the case number, and put in letters. That is my most frustrating issue with A1.
It's often curred by hitting the space bar once or twice, then the tab, and it goes to the right location, but even that doesn't work half the time. I space, tab and the cursor still moves to the Case No box.

How can I change the tab default while the cursor is in the body of te email, so that it acts only as a spacer, i.e. 5 letter spacer?
Thanks, Frank

Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:43 pm

For *** ANY *** detailed forms they should ALWAYS be done in Microsoft Word or Word perfect. Keep in mind that A1-Law has full integration with both Word and Word Perfect and many offices ONLY do their forms in Word or Word Perfect and not A1-Law. But, with regards to court forms, if they are a problem then please let me know if it is just one or a few forms and whether they are A1-Law forms or Acrobat PDF forms. This will resolve all those problems with A1-Law form letters especially long letters. Also, please keep in mind that in A1Law form letter it is NOT recommended to paste any images but it is fine to do that in Word or Word Perfect letters.

WIth regards to the Email issue I would like you to Email me so that we can set aside a time to look at this. Another option is to have A1-Law use the "Standard Outlook" Email forms which may resolve that problem.

Thanks,
Mike