Jet Filing

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
SCOLETTI

Jet Filing

Post by SCOLETTI » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi, Mike - I just attended a meeting at the Salinas WCAB, and we discussed Jet Filing. Are you working on that, and if so, how long until it is up and running?

Admin1
Site Admin

Re: Jet Filing

Post by Admin1 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:15 pm

A1-Law fully integrates with Med-Legal's Perfect Filer for Jet Filing.

Mike

SCOLETTI

Post by SCOLETTI » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:56 am

Med-Legal is not one of the approved vendors listed by the DWC. I will get on Med-Legal's website and see if I can figure it out. I was curious because one of the providers for Jet Filing is Tritek, so I thought that perhaps you were going to be as well.

SCOLETTI

Post by SCOLETTI » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:04 am

They don't have anything about Jet Filing on their website. I emailed them about it. According to the DWC, we can only use an approved vendor.

Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:39 am

Med-legal is approved as a third party filer I believe. I'm not too familiar with the details but check into Perfect Filer - they can do all the filing for you. We may look into Jet Filing soon but with Perfect Filer able to integrate with A1-Law there are a few other priorities at the moment.

Mike

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:40 am

PerfectFiler is a filing program that is fully integrated with A1-Law and allows you to Jet File, E-File or OCR File. What's great about this program is it makes sure you get everything right before sending off the packet, thus reducing rejections and failed filings dramatically. The developers put two years of work into this program to make it the best at what it does. Med-Legal is one source of the program, but you can also go through DWC Direct (www.DWCDirect.com). This company handles all the e-filing production for the PerfectFiler program and is an approved Jet File vendor by the DWC. DWC Direct has e-filed about 150,000 documents into EAMS for it's customers in the past year and has a ton of experience. They also have a pure web-based solution that pulls the case data directly out of EAMS (so no re-typing).

So, you use A1-Law to hold your case data and scanned docs. On A1 you choose to e-file and you will get a list of available packages. Select the package and you will be led through the steps to pick the parties and attachments and then A1-Law will automatically bring up PerfectFiler, which will be pre-loaded with all your case data and attachments already. You just finish the filing forms and send it off. PerfectFiler will securely send your encrypted filing package to DWC Direct, and DWC Direct will Jet File or e-file it for you. You then get back a Batch ID/Receipt for the filing, which comes through PerfectFiler again, and back into A1-Law. It sounds like a lot of steps but Mike has made it really seamless and easy. It feels a lot like it's all in A1.

Something else important to note, DWC Direct (web and PerfectFiler) can also MAIL your filings to the various case parties at 99-cents per party. If you add up ALL your mailing costs, including staff labor, benefits, envelope and printing costs, mailings cost etc. you will find this is a significant savings for your office. Even if it was a wash, it's a great way to use your staff to do tasks that make your firm money, rather than mundane mailing tasks. So, with a few clicks and keystrokes you can have your filings e-filed into EAMS and mailed to all the parties in under two minutes.

DWC Direct is owned in part by Work Comp Central, EDEX Information Services, and Med-Legal.

Stephen Schneider
Med-Legal

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Our Office has been using Perfect Filer over the last couple of weeks to do our filings. Seems to be working pretty well.

I did have one question.

I noticed that the 6.9.8U (7/28/2011) update says "Perfect Filer Integration." Are these new updates to the integration setup? Or?

We were using 6.9.8S. Just updated it to 6.9.8X.

Thanks!
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Yes - the latest update removes all bugs and allows you to select court forms and form letters to export to Perfect Filer. It also allows to configure A1-Law to look at other default paths besides the Med Legal Inc if Perfect Filer is installed in a different folder.

I'm glad it's working well. Thank you for the feedback Michael.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:43 pm

My pleasure Mike.

The last few updates have really increased the ease-of-use of doing things between A1 & Perfect Filer. The trainer who came out from Med-Legal to help us get started a couple of weeks ago showed us how so many more of the features are now auto-populated rather manual (like naming folders).

Will keep you updated!

Sincerely, Michael
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131