Rolodex Entries - General versus Firm/Corp

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
LMSSC

Rolodex Entries - General versus Firm/Corp

Post by LMSSC » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:51 pm

Dear Michael,

The staff asked me to clarify some Rolodex steps, answer some questions, and ask if some ease-of-use features could be added.

To clarify: To A Client's Case Card - If you want to add a person (General) who belongs to a firm (Business).

1. Is the person in the rolodex with the correct business attached? (Search by Name or by Firm)
YES - Case's Parties List - Add that Card.
NO - Go to step #2
2. Is the business in the system?
YES - Create a new card. Attach the business card. Enter the personal information.
NO - Create a new card with the business information. Then enter the personal information. (This creates two separate cards in the system - Though only 1 appears when you search the rolodex) Case's Parties List - Add that new Card.

Questions:

A. How would you list all of the general cards (Not case cards) that have a particular business card attached?

For example: If I have a law firm (business card) attached to 20 attorneys (general cards) - Is there an easy way for me to list and attach the one I want?

B. If we find multiple entries for the same firm, what is the best way to merge that information?

Ease-of-use:

1. Would it be possible to change the Rolodex General versus Business areas from light grey Versus dark grey to some other color setup?

Thank you very much!
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

LMSSC

Re: Rolodex Entries - General versus Firm/Corp

Post by LMSSC » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:29 pm

P.S. What have you found is the best way for an office to "clean up" their Rolodex?

Thanks x3!

Sincerely, Michael Lerner - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Admin1
Site Admin

Re: Rolodex Entries - General versus Firm/Corp

Post by Admin1 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:36 pm

Usually the rolodex wizard either automated where A1-Law cleans everything and generates a log. You may of course first backup the rolodex and also create a log to look at before maknig any changes to the rolodex.

Mike