A1 program cannot be left open overnight

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
ferankin

A1 program cannot be left open overnight

Post by ferankin » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:37 pm

I leave my computer on all week. I do not turn it off at night. This is not a problem for any of my programs, except A1.

Every day, I have to use the task master to close A1. It will not even let me "quit."

I realize you might say I should close A1 at the end of the day, and I do sometimes when I remember. But I'd like to know why this is happening.

Thanks, Frank

Admin1
Site Admin

Re: A1 program cannot be left open overnight

Post by Admin1 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:14 pm

Start by checking the Device Manager (Right click My Computer, Properties, Hardware, Device Manager). next look for Network Adapters and double click it and click Power Management. Uncheck the box to "allow the computer to turn off this device."

Start with that - do the same thing on the main computer/server if your computer is not the main. Also, on your computer you may have to adjust your settings so that the computer does not go into a hybernation mode but try the power setting adjustment on the network card first.

Mike