A1-Outlook Messages - Questions

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
LMSSC

Re: A1-Outlook Messages - Questions

Post by LMSSC » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:40 pm

<1. To have our current cases (WC, SS, PI) default ALL to #1 (main case activity): W-1,P-1,S-1>

Testing...

Once the change is made found that it defaults correctly... However it's a change that requires the initial information pulled from the Database... so current users on the network have to Log out/Log back in for it to work... so FYI :)
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:46 pm

Technically they only have to close the calendar window but their workstations may not refresh right away so it's best to just sign out and back in again. Sometimes it's required to close a window for speed and efficiency of the program.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:20 pm

Dear Michael,

How do you Force Re-installation of the latest A1-Outlook Forms?

One Windows 2000 System running Outlook 2002 SP3 didn't detect the new Outlook Forms* and now when you try to through the Case Card Parties list Open a New Outlook Email gives the following error:

Program Error
OLE Error code 0x8002000e: invalid number of parameters

Then it forces you to Quit A1.

Note: Checking Outlook (not through A1) after this error finds a new email in the draft area.

*Normally it has 3 windows that pop up to install the new Outlook forms: New Forms Detected - Use Standard Y/N - Successful

I went ahead and re-registered - however this doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks!

Sincerely, Michael Lerner - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:48 pm

Click Tools, Miscellaneous, Publish Outlook Email Forms.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Dear Michael,

Thank you for that information and your telephone support!

The same thing happened to me on a 2nd system and used the above update to get them to work properly. However the 1st system could no longer find A1 - the dreaded "Cannot locate the Microsoft Visual FoxPro library" error message after it gave me the Couldn't find the forms error #2 when I attempted to re-log onto A1.

I think there is a glitch with the older 3.0 A1 workstation install files with newer module updates. In this case 3.0 may not recognize the need to install the updated Outlook files leading to the error message.

I went ahead and uninstalled 3.0 (renaming the LAWLOCAL folder) - and installed the 6.0. workstation files. The new 6.0 installation found the updated Outlook files without problem.

To prevent issues like this in the future I may have to uninstall 3.0 and install 6.0 instead on the systems that still have 3.0.

Sincerely, Michael Lerner - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:46 pm

The probem here is the controls did not properly register. You either need to register the controls (back door) or delete the file c:\lawlocal\a1login2.exe or c:\lawlocal\a1login2.ini. The problem may reoccur when controls are registered again or it might then go away. You can also register controls (back door) by clicking Start, All Programs, Accessories then Right Click on Command Prompt and click Run As Administrator. Next type cd \lawlocal\controls and then press Enter then type REGALL1 and press Enter and click OK as each control registers. When it's done type Exit and press Enter and the problems should all be fixed.

Mike