Autologon Issue/Link Computer to Network

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
LMSSC

Autologon Issue/Link Computer to Network

Post by LMSSC » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Dear Michael,

1. Could you please change it if autologon fails, to be able to still access Setup to change the path for A1?

2. Is Link Computer to Network still a valid program? (I am guessing it is currently not)

When I moved the A1 Law Database files from one location to another... this is what I found:

A. If autologon specifies an invalid path... it gives you the following two error messages and then A1-Law Automatically Closes:

Error
Library file does not exist
(A1 network path)\extras\a1lib3.lib

A1-Law
Invalid network path in the LAWLOC.INI file
Path: (A1 network path)
Run the link computer to network utility program in the A1-law Suite

-If I attempted to add the correct path by using Link Computer to Network it gave me this error message:

A1-Law
Fatal Startup error. System file not found. Data files to found.
Run the link computer to network utility program in the A1-law Suite

Workaround #1: If the old location files are still available - Allow the system to autologin to that old location. Then Go to Tools - My Preferences - Click on "Clear Autolog" (button) - Quit out of A1 - Once again Run A1 - Since Autologon is now cleared - you can access the Setup area and change the network path to the new location successfully.

Otherwise if this was unavailable I think I would have had to re-install the A1-law workstation files.

Workaround #2 - If you are going to make a network location change for your A1 database - Tell your users that if they are using Autologon to clear it (provide directions)

Workaround #3 - Probably much easier than #1 or #2 - Go into A1 Tools - System - Configure the System - Configure System Defaults - Security - Autolog (button) - And use the directions to Disable the Autolog for everyone. Then after the migration you can change the settings later to allow Autolog if you want.

Thanks!
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Admin1
Site Admin

Re: Autologon Issue/Link Computer to Network

Post by Admin1 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:01 pm

Link computer to network is outdated; use the Setup at the sign on screen and if there is an autolog at present then you can always delete the autolog file in the c:\lawlocal folder. I'll look into relaunching the main sign on screen. Workaround #3 is probably the easiest but in general if there is a server change then once the drive is mapped there should not be a problem at all. You may have to click My Computer from the desktop then open the network drive so that windows reconnects to the drive on the server. Then everything should work fine. Also, please remember that from a network IT perspective it is probably necessary to also reassign all the users to the domain even if the server has the same names and setup.

Mike

LMSSC

Re: Autologon Issue/Link Computer to Network

Post by LMSSC » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks Mike. This is good information to know!

Sincerely, Michael Lerner - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131