Cannot attach emails from outlook to A1-Law

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
RPT-RDO

Cannot attach emails from outlook to A1-Law

Post by RPT-RDO » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:27 am

Its actually one of the attorney's computer. for some reason when i try to drag an email from outlook onto law, nothing happens. The mouse icon changes like it will attach, but when i let go of the mouse button, nothing happens. i dont get the dialog box where it asks me how i want to attach the email. The odd thing though is that i can attach emails from any other folder other than inbox. if i want to attach a sent email i can. its just the ones from "inbox". Any idea on what i should do to fix this?

Anonymous User

Re: Cannot attach emails from outlook to A1-Law

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:56 am

Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? Try dragging the Email from the Inbox to the windows desktop and see if a file shows on the desktop. If so, next try dragging it from the desktop to onto the case activity note.

Mike

RPT-RDO

Post by RPT-RDO » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:19 am

It let me copy the email onto the desktop and from the desktop to case activity. but it still didnt ask me if i want to copy the entire body, or the subject etc. it just attachede the email with a blank entry. i dont think the attorney will like doing it this way. is there an option in law he may have activated? because it allows me to attach from other folders in microsoft outlook except inbox. but it will let me copy inbox emails onto the desktop. so not really sure what is going on.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:54 am

This is unusual. I may have to see this with a remote access software such as showmypc or pc anywhere. Please Email me a remote access code so that we may figure out what is going on. Normally, there will be a security popup from Outlook. It could also be Norton or another antivirus software blocking access or something in Outlook security. Either I will have to see this or you may have to get your IT tech to look at it.

Do you know why this problem just started and was working fine before? Was there new software or an update of antivirus or something applied?

Mike

RPT-RDO

Post by RPT-RDO » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:29 am

This appears to be a recent problem. no new software has been installed. the IT guy is coming today and ill have him look at it first. if he cannot figure it out, then we can try pc anywhere