MS Outlook email not attaching to case activity

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

MS Outlook email not attaching to case activity

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 20, 2010 8:33 am

This started yesterday and we can't figure out why. A case activity post still generates in the usual (Email to: joe@...) way, but the email itelf is not getting attached. I've tested multiple cases and the same issue occurs with each. I've also opened and closed the case activity window (to refresh it), waited for 15+ minutes to see if it was just a delay, and even tried re-starting A1, all to no avail. I also updated to 6.8.8. The only other thing I can think to do is reindex, but that will have to wait until lunch.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: MS Outlook email not attaching to case activity

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 20, 2010 9:02 am

When you are in the process of sending the Email, the Category dropdown shoud be set to something and not blank. Is this the situation and if so did you check that specific category for the Email? Also, is this problem happening only one one computer or all computers? Reindexing most likely will not solve this problem.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 20, 2010 9:09 am

The category is set to Main Case Activity and each email is generating a new case activity post--that's not the issue. The problem is that the emails themselves aren't getting attached to the case activity posts. This is happening on all workstations tested so far and across different cases. We could manually attach emails after sending them, but we really want that done automatically.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 20, 2010 9:32 am

Right - I kind of figured that was what is happening. I think it might be best if you Email me so that we can coordinate a time that I can sign on remotely and examine the problem further. Email support at appell@appellsoftware.com

Thanks,
Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 20, 2010 12:10 pm

As a follow up - we have determined together the problem is that you have set the default sent mail to store in the IMAP sent mail folder and not the personal sent mail folder. Therefore, the problem may easily be corrected by setting Outlook to save mail in the personal sent mail folder. Otherwise, we can also prepare an update to search another default folder where sent mail might be stored in. :)-D

Mike