integrating Word Perfect

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

integrating Word Perfect

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Mike, I hope this is not a duplicate, because I thought I posted this already, but can'f find it.

Where would I find the directions for intergrating Word Perfect with A1?

Thanks, Frank

Anonymous User

Re: integrating Word Perfect

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:57 pm

One of the easiest ways to start would be to find a sample already in A1-Law perhaps form 10607. Try the following:

1. From the Client Card click Forms.
2. Click the EDIT tab.
3. Right Click the printer icon in the window and click Goto a form letter and enter 10607
4. Right click the printer icon when 10607 is highlighted and click Copy a form letter and enter a number below 10,000. For example, enter 500 for form 500
5. Edit form 500 and for the title and the post to case activity information enter a description and then click Edit to go in the letter
6. At the top of letter 500 change the line from this: FileName = GenLtr.frm
to this: FileName = F500.frm
7. Minimize A1Law and go to the A1Law folder and then open the WP folder and Right click on GenLtr.frm and click Copy. Right click on any blank white area in the window and click Paste. Right click on the file "Copy of GenLtr.frm" and click RENAME and change it to F500.FRM

Now you have made a duplicate and you can double click on F500.FRM in windows and it opens the Corel Letter. Next, open the sample of the new letter you want to integrate into A1Law and Paste just the BODY of the letter after the date and before the end of the letter the Very Truly Yours. Change anything around that you need such as very truly to sincerely, etc.

Save the letter and test it. Once completed if you have more letters to do just copy letter 500 instead of 10407 since it will be more similar to what you are looking to do. Also, in the A1Law\WP folder double click on _ltrhd1.wpd so you can modify your letterhead if you need to.

Also, from the Home page you can click Artlcles and then click the Word/Word Perfect link: http://www.appellsoftware.com/Updates4/WordWPAll.htm

Mike

Anonymous User

Re: integrating Word Perfect

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Thanks, Frank