What happened to gnostic?

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

What happened to gnostic?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Mike, I used to be able to save documents to a PDF format, by using the gnostic print tool. Now I don't see it when I tap the print button. I have three options, printing to my printer, Microsoft XPS Document Writer or Print to eCases.

XPS creates an XPS doc, and eCases creates a Tiff doc. However, I don't know that those types of documents can be read by other people, while I know the PDF docs can.

Is gnostic no longer an option?

Thanks, Frank

Anonymous User

Re: What happened to gnostic?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:24 pm

It should still be an option. Did you get a different computer? In A1-Law try clicking Tools, Miscellaneous, Register Controls and select the All Controls checkbox and click Proceed. The other option would be to install a freepdf utility. Let me know if the All Controls works for you.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:31 pm

Mike, I tried to do as you suggested, select All Controls in Register Controls and click proceed. It froze up the program twice, forcing me to close it both times. Now when Im trying to reopen the program, I'm told there is not Microsoft Visual FoxPro support library. So now I'll reboot the computer, and that will probably enable me to reopen the program.

And yes, I did get a new computer.

However, I just got PDF converter again from Nuance, so perhaps that will serve my needs. FER

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:41 pm

If you have pdf converter from Nuance then you do not need to register or use gnostice as pdf converter will do everything gnostice will do. Try rebooting and if that does not get you to the login screen then click My Computer at the desktop and open local disc C and then open LawLocal and then right click on A1Login2.ini and click Delete and then try again.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:19 pm

Mike that took care of the problem. Thanks, Frank