Block Access to Files

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
wtberry

Block Access to Files

Post by wtberry » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:08 pm

Is there a way to block a particular individual from accessing certain files in A1?

I am hiring a former claims adjuster who was involved in a few of my cases and need to create a so-called "Chinese Wall" to prevent a conflict of interest.

I need to ensure that she will have no access to any of the files that she previously handled.

Todd Berry

Anonymous User

Re: Block Access to Files

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:41 pm

Technically nothing is "fool proof." But, if it is just a few files then you can go to those files and click Miscellaneous, Password protect to protect those client cards. Again though nothing is fool proof as the adjuster could always attempt to find the information if they really wanted to by finding the physical files, asking staff or going to another computer signed in without a screen saver password.

Now, another option slightly more secure would be to REMOVE and COPY those files out of A1-Law into a second A1-Law database that is stored only on your computer which would completely limit access of those files to just your computer (of course there is still the physical file stored on the shelf). A1-Law has the ability to copy those files to a separate A1-Law database.

I'm not sure if either of those options will work for you but those are some ideas that can help to limit access to those files.

Mike

wtberry

Re: Block Access to Files

Post by wtberry » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:11 am

Thanks Mike.