Yellow Message Line

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Prosser

Yellow Message Line

Post by Prosser » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:27 pm

Is there anyway to get the yellow message line on the main client card back to center aligned? Since a recent update it defaults to left aligned. We prefer to have it center aligned. I'm sure there is a way to reset it in system tools but we haven't figured it out. Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Yellow Message Line

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Centering will be fixedin this weekend's update (probably later tomorrow). The message bar changes currently have these new features that were not in prior versions:

1. Adjustable heights on ALL THREE message bars. You can set the defaults through tools, system, configure system defaults, general, client card, message bars (set from 18 to 99).

2. Each user may also set their own preferences on all three message bar heights and override the system defaults using tools, my preferences, client card, message bar heights. Setting it to zero uses the system default.

3. Unlimited data entry for each message bar (prior versions limited to 250 characters)

4. Scrolling capabilities in the message bar directly from the client card. If you set the height to around 35 or 40 or more then you can scroll the rest of the lines directly from the client card.

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:15 pm

Dear Michael,

Thanks for the updated information.

If I understand it right for the Adjustable Heights at Configure System Defaults - General - Client Card (Tab) - Messages (Tab): Height for showing one line is 18 (default setting) & Height for showing two lines is therefore 36.

We changed ours to 36 since we were using a couple of lines of text for the yellow area on some cases - However we also noticed the up/down arrows on the right if there is more information. I like how if you set it for 36 (two lines) but there is only one line of inputted text it will only display... one line...

Good work! Thanks again!

Sincerely, Michael Lerner, Network Administrator - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:22 pm

Right - but 36 (pixels) is only an approximation for two lines since some windows machines might be configured for "Large Fonts" or "Extra Large Fonts" in which case you might have to set it for more than 36. However, each user may configure their own settings in Tools, My Preferences.

Thanks,
Mike