Bug Squishing - Minor Issues

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
LMSSC

Bug Squishing - Minor Issues

Post by LMSSC » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:36 am

Dear Michael,

Wanted to give you a heads-up on minor issues we've been experiencing:

A1 version: 6.7.2C

1. Mouse cursor vanishes (Can't see in A1 but can see it outside of A1) - Minimizing the Window & Bringing it back up (Using the Show Desktop button or otherwise) shows it again. Very random.

2. Form Letters (window) - Saved Documents (tab) open - Double-click on a document name to have the "Edit Case Act..." (window) appear. - If you click on the Edit Case Act window (anywhere) it submerges/hides it behind the Form Letters (window). This does not happen with the Edit Letters (tab)... Just with the Saved Documents (tab) open.

3. Working on editing a document using the Edit form Letter details (window) - and someone sends you an IM/send you information via an IM. You cannot make any changes to the Edit form Letter details (window) --> In order to type into the Edit form Letter details (window) it forces you to close the IM (window).
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Re: Bug Squishing - Minor Issues

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:54 am

In order to type into the Edit form Letter details (window) it forces you to close the IM (window).

Yes- it's always going to be that way with any "Modal Window" but there is a workaround. I figured that for the Edit Form Letter Details window that it would rarely be accessed except by an administrator who is changing a letter and even then one would not be in the window for long. So it's easiest to just reply to the IM and then close the window and continue. The OTHER option would be to click Window, Hide (to hide the instant message window). Then you will be able to continue in the Edit Form Letter Details and after saving just click Window and show the instant message window again (that's the workaround).

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:07 pm

--> Let me rephrase this behavior to make it less confusing:
1. What happens is that you are in the "(Case XXXX) Form Letters" (window) and have the Saved Documents (tab) Active. You go to a letter and double-click on it.
2. The "(Case XXXX) Edit Case Act #XX" (window) appears.
3. If you now click on the "(Case XXXX) Edit Case Act #XX" (window) --> Instead of this window remaining active and being able to do work on it... clicking on it makes the previous "(Case XXXX) Form Letters" (window) active (bringing it to the front).

This is repeatable (50% of the time?)
1. You are in the "(Case XXXX) Form Letters" (window) and have the Saved Documents (tab) Active. You go to a letter and double-click on it.
2. The "(Case XXXX) Edit Case Act #XX" (window) appears. In the Event area you type in information. The cursor "goes invisible" in A1 - though can be seen if you move it to the task bar.
3. Click on the Show Desktop button (to minimize all) - Maximize A1 - Cursor is visible again.

Thanks again!

Sincerely, Michael Lerner - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:30 pm

--> Let me rephrase this behavior to make it less confusing:
1. What happens is that you are in the "(Case XXXX) Form Letters" (window) and have the Saved Documents (tab) Active. You go to a letter and double-click on it.
3. If you now click on the "(Case XXXX) Edit Case Act #XX" (window) --> Instead of this window remaining active and being able to do work on it... clicking on it makes the previous "(Case XXXX) Form Letters" (window) active (bringing it to the front).

I guess I'm still not understanding. After #1 above and I double click the window appears and is already active. If I click anywhere in the window it just remains the active window and stays in front.

Please get the LATEST VERSION as this behavior may have been caused by the "autosave" feature and there was a minor bugfix in the latest release which may fix this problem (possibly the above problem as well).

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:59 pm

Thanks for the heads-up Michael. I'll go ahead and update A1 tonight and see if the issues remain.

Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:51 pm

Dear Michael,

I went ahead and updated to 6.7.3A and the previously stated issues still exist. Will keep you informed.

Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:18 am

Perhaps if you can are able to recreate the situation then feel free to Email me so that I can sign on remotely and see this problem so that we may resolve it asap.

Thanks,
Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:56 pm

Let me rephrase this behavior to make it less confusing:

I guess I'm still not understanding. After #1 above and I double click the window appears and is already active. If I click anywhere in the window it just remains the active window and stays in front.>>

The behavior seems to also occur when you are attempting to Edit a Task.

However the behavior seems to maybe only happen the first time you pick the task for a particular case - and possibly only the first time you are in that case for the day. We were trying to test this out... and it happened the first time you opened a couple of cases... and then stopped doing it. Tested it on multiple computers running both Windows 2000 & XP... and it stopped doing it for today. So I'm really puzzled with what is happening.

I went back and attempted the issue with the Edit Case Activity... and it didn't occur his time.

I installed the latest version 6.7.4C last night... so I'm wondering if something is fixing itself as we open cases.

I'll keep you informed about the behavior.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:11 pm

The latest versions may have corrected the issue. Let me know if there are still any outstanding problems at this time.

Thanks,
Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:28 pm

Dear Michael,

As of version 6.9.5c - the bug is still present. It is especially annoying since we have a Case Card that the secretaries input new letters into that they want transformed into templates.

I am going to install 6.9.5i later on today and will continue to keep you informed.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131