Bug Squishing - Minor Issues

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Admin1
Site Admin

Re: Bug Squishing - Minor Issues

Post by Admin1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:45 pm

Michael - please provide step by step instructions to reproduce the probelm so that I can test this.

Thanks,
Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:36 pm

I think I just figured out something more specific with the bug...

1. Open a Case Card that has Saved Letters in it.

2. Click on Forms (link)

3. In the Form Letters (window) - Click on the Saved Documents (tab)

4. DOUBLE-CLICK on the letter that you want to Edit*

* (Note: If you Click to highlight the letter then Click on the "Edit" (button) - The bug DOES NOT SHOW UP. So there is something different between the Double-click method & the Click & Edit button method.)

5. The Edit Case Activity for THAT letter (window) appears.

Here's the BUG: AT THIS POINT If you CLICK Anywhere on this "currently active/at the top" Case Activity (window) - It "Goes Under"/Submerges under the Form Letters (window).

It shouldn't be doing that.

Now IF you can still see a corner or part of the Edit Case Activity for THAT letter... you have to CLICK on it TWICE (rather than the normal single Click) in order to make it the top "currently active" window again.

-Hope this helps.

Sincerely, Michael Lerner - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:49 pm

When editing Case Activity one is not locked in that window so one may easily bring other windows on top of the case activity window. Is it possible that you are double clicking to edit which brings up the case activity window and then are clicking again on the Saved Documents window which brings it forward? I'm not seeing what you are describing here. Is this happening on all computers?

I just want to clarify that when you double click the document at the Saved Documents tab it then brings up the Edit Case Act window and the cursor is blinking in the notes where you may edit the note. Are you saying if you simply click in that window where the cursor is then the window goes behind the Saved Documents window?

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:08 pm

Further testing from the Saved Documents (tab)

#1 - When the Edit (Specific) Case Activity window appears, Clicking ANYWHERE on the A1-Law screen causes the Edit (Specific) Case Activity window to go under the next lowest window.

#2 - The Edit (Specific) Case Activity window when it appears the cursor is blinking in the beginning of the Event area. If you start typing it adds what you are typing... however... when you type in your first character, the mouse cursor goes INVISIBLE. It is still there however... and when you click anywhere in A1 - #1 happens.

Nope.

This is happening on our Windows XP & 2000 systems.

Sincerely, Michael Lerner - Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Admin1
Site Admin

Post by Admin1 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:18 pm

From #2 above you said the mouse cursor goes invisible. I noticed that but if you simply move the mouse it does come back right away. But, when I simply click in the spot where I'm typing that window is still on top. Are you saying it is not?

As a test please try clicking Tools, My Preferences, Case Activity and enter -1 to disable the AutoSave feature and then you may need to sign out and back in again. I'm just not seeing that behavior you are describing. Perhaps you have a speech recognition or some other program that might be interfering.

Mike