Rolodex Error

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
SCOLETTI

Rolodex Error

Post by SCOLETTI » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:42 am

Hi, Mike -

On one of my work stations, I have an intermittent rolodex problem. When you add a person's name to the rolodex and attach a generic card, you get an error..."menu manager internal consistency error." When you click "ok," it kicks you completely out of A1.

This does not happen consistently or to any one card. It is random and intermittent.

Sherry

Anonymous User

Re: Rolodex Error

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:46 am

Usually this problem may be fixed by reindexing. :)

Mike

SCOLETTI

Post by SCOLETTI » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:51 am

I've tried that. In fact, this problem has been going on for quite sometime now. I have reindexed a number of times since the problem began. Again, it just happens on one work station.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:02 am

Try these two solutions (since you have already had a successful reindex):

1. When the user is signed out delete their preferences folder. Click My Computer and open the A1Law folder then open the Staff folder and then right click on their username and delete the folder (or just rename it to something like "old" or "bad"). Therefore, as an example either rename or rename the folder A1Law\staff\JON to A1Law\staff\old if the username is JON. Then when they sign back in A1Law will recreate another folder for them. Only that one user needs to sign out to do to this.

2. Try deleting the foxuser.* files in the main A1Law folder.

Mike

SCOLETTI

Post by SCOLETTI » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:41 pm

I tried both things you suggested. I added a new person and attached an existing generic card. This is the error we get:

Fatal Error: Exception Code-C0000005
Called from - frmrolodex.cmdadd.click line 6 {c:\lawlocal\forms\rolodex.sct}
Called from app.start line 254 {c:lawlocal\libsapp.vct}
Called from law line 141 {c:\lawlocal\progs\law.prg}

Any other suggestions?

Sherry Coletti

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:47 pm

A few questions:

1. Is this problem happening only on that one workstation?

2. Does this problem happen on that workstation regardless of who is signed in at that workstation?

3. What Windows OS do you have on that workstation and if it is Vista then do you have Vista SP1?

4. Do you have the latest version of A1-Law?

5. Do you have any anti-virus/anti-spyware on that workstation and if so have you excluded it from scanning the c:\lawlocal folder as well as the A1Law folder on the network?

6. How much memory do you have on that workstation (right click My Computer and click Properties)?

Mike

SCOLETTI

Post by SCOLETTI » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi, Mike -

It happens intermittently on at least 2 work stations. However, no one else is allowed to make changes in rolodex except those 2 people. So I'm not sure if it is all the work stations or not.

On the 2 work stations that it has happened on, 2 different people are signed in.

Windows XP is the OS. One computer is old, and the other is very new.

I have 6.7.2J. version of A1. I have updated since I became aware of this problem.

On your question # 5, I will check with my IT guy.

Not sure of the amount of memory left, but my computer is brand new.

Let me explore question #5 with my IT guy and I will get back to you.

Thanks, Mike.

Sherry

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Make sure your anti-virus software is not scanning the A1Law folder. Also, make sure there are no files with a cdx extension in the main A1Law folder.

How often is this error coming up and how much memory is in the workstation(s)?

Mike