Questions re: Substitution of Attorneys form/ Fee Disclosure form

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

Questions re: Substitution of Attorneys form/ Fee Disclosure form

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:50 pm

Mike,

Substitution of Attorney Form

As far as I can recall, about the only time I ever have a need to create a substitution of attorney form is if I am substituting in on a file. In other words, I will be the new attorney, and the attorney I'm replacing will be the former attorney.
However, the form is designed such as the former attorney is always me, thereby requiring me to input the data both for new and former attorneys. Currently, my firm name or my name is automatically put in the former line at the upper part of the form, and in the signature section, both my firm name, address and phone number in the former attorney area.
Can I go into your form, which is below the 10000 docs, and change that?
If I was retiring, and passing my files along to another firm, your current format would be ideal, as I would be the former attorney in that instance. But generally, new attorneys create these substitution of attorneys form, have the client sign, sign it themselves, then send it to the former attorney, requesting his or her file.
I don't sub in a great deal, but have done so about four times in the past two or three weeks, so I'm finally posting this.

Fee Disclosure Form

My name and and address is automatically input into the attorney section of the fee disclosure form. However, I want my firm name to appear, either instead of my name, or with my name, automatically. How can I do that?

Thanks,

Frank

Anonymous User

Re: Questions re: Substitution of Attorneys form/ Fee Disclosure form

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:57 pm

Start by going to the Edit Letters tab and Right Click on the printer icon and click extract a form letter and enter the number of the form so as to use the current defaults and see if that resolves the issue.

Mike