A1-law is giving everyone a low disk space message

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
RPT-RDO

A1-law is giving everyone a low disk space message

Post by RPT-RDO » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:56 am

When i came in today and opened aq-law i got a message saying it was low on disk space. here is the exact message.
WARNING- DISK SPACE IS LOW
you are running low on disk space
total space left: 40910848
the system will not run when there is less than twenty million bytes free. click okay to continue.

at first i thought it was just my computer which surprised me since i was pretty sure space was not an issue on my pc. but after i heard other people mention they got it to, i figured i would check the main computer. that computer has about 106GB of space free, so it cant be that. the message is a bit confusing also since it appears that according to the dialog box there is 40gb left right. unless im reading it wrong.

Anonymous User

Re: A1-law is giving everyone a low disk space message

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:07 am

Start by checking your local C drive and make sure space is not low. I sgined on remotely and did not get the error at all but I noticed that the server's space appeared to be low even though it wasn't. I think this might be something your computer consultant should check out.

Mike

RPT-RDO

Post by RPT-RDO » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:16 am

i signed onto a1law in the main server computer and that message did not come up. but evey other computer did get it. ill have the computer check it out then. i figured i would try you first though since the computer guy is not a1 law savy and it seems like that error msg only appears when opening a1 law

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:50 pm

As per our phone conversation your tech has advised you to reboot the file server to see if that resolves the problem.

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:31 pm

Problem Resolved - Your tech determined this to be a Disk Quota setting on the file server.

Mike