Problem with form letters-perhaps page numbering command

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

Problem with form letters-perhaps page numbering command

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:36 am

Mike,

I have several form letters I have created which seem to go "bad." Problems arise for some reason. When I go to use one of these letters, when the document opens, it will not display the letterhead, or it might display one normal copy of the letterhead, followed by feint copies of the letterhead, and if I went to print this document, instead of printing 1 page, it will print as many as 80 pages.
I believe the problem lies with my page numbering command.
Below, I have copied two form letters I created. When I pull up Form 6, the window will display a seemingly blank document, with a couple of partial horizontal lines. If I scroll down, it will show only feint lettering and letterhead, and small windows will pop up stasting "Insufficient Memory. (1-1004)"
When I pull up Form 19, the window will appear normal, but I hear a beep when I opened it, so I know something is wrong. When I scroll down, before the complete letter can be seen, the lettering becomes feint, and more feint letterheads appear, and that would seem to continue as long as I scroll down, so if I printed the document, it would be dozens of pages long, printing the letterhead over and over and over, etc.
This is a problem I've had for years with a few documents. I've copied and printed the "edit letters" in full, with all commands, in hopes you can look at them and tell me what is wrong with the commands.
I believe the problem has something to do with my page numbering command.(everything from ">" down) I just went to Form 19, removed everthing pertaining to the page numbering, and the document worked fine. Same result with Form 6, remove pagination command, and the document is fine.

Thanks, Frank

---------------------------------- Form 6 -----------------------------
>
>

RE: Generic Information on your Industrial Injury Claim

>

Thank you for consulting our office with reference to your claim for workers' compensation benefits, and for retaining our firm to represent your interests on your claim(s). Please be advised that we are proceeding with your claim and are presently securing the medical reports from State Compensation Insurance Fund(SCIF). As soon as we have received the reports and have reviewed them, we shall contact you for additional information if pertinent.
We will also be filing documents with the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board(WCAB). You will be receiving copies of documents from the WCAB since, as the applicant, you are placed on the official mailing list. There is no need to telephone our office when you receive copies of such documents, since we also receive copies of all documents as your attorneys of record.
Please keep all medical appointments which are scheduled for you, either by our office or SCIF. If you should move, please immediately notify our office of your new address and telephone number so that we may know your whereabouts at all times. This includes both your residence address, and P. O. Box.
Since I spend a great deal of time in Court, I am often out of the office when you call. You should speak with my assistant, Eleisa Simmons, as she will be familiar with your case and able to assist you when I am unavailable. Indeed, you should generally anticipate speaking with Eleisa, as I usually have her return your phone calls. If you wish to speak with me personally, please leave a message or so advise Eleisa, and I will return your call as quickly as possible. However, you should realize it is my assistants which keep your case moving more than me.
Attached to this letter is a mutipage document I prepared, intended to assist you in understanding the workers’ compensation system and to aid you in helping us to help you obtain all workers’ compensation benefits to which you are entitled and to achieve the best possible resolution of your claim(s).
This contains information about many aspects of your claim(s). When reading this, you should not expect to completely understand everything. However, you should keep this document and refer to it when questions arise from time to time. Many of your questions will be answered by the information herein.
Refer to the table of contents to help you find particular information.

Very truly yours,

>

>
{{BeginHeaderFooter4
Lenahan, Lee, et. al. Page -[[##]]-
EndHeaderFooter4}}

---------------------- END of Form 6---------------

----------------------- Form 19 --------------------

>
>

>

>

Enclosed for your signature and file are the following:

a) Fee Disclosure statement;
b) Addendum to Fee Disclosure statement;
c) Labor Code §4906(g) declaration;
e) Release for Personnel File;
f) SCIF form for release of medical records;
g) SCIF List of medical providers form;
h) Generic letter containing explanation of workers compensation process.
i) Self-addressed stamped envelope;
j) Petition for Venue, or Request for Venue.

Generally, the attorney fee is 12% of permanent disability or disputed benefits, but it is increased to 15% if the client is located outside the Sacramento area, or if the case requires an inordinate amount of time. Fees for vocational rehabilitation are hourly, and fees for obtaining certain extra benefits, such as penalties, can be as high as 25%.
The other forms for you to sign are for purposes of obtaining medical records, or your personnel file, in the event we need that information. The SCIF forms will be sent to State Compensation Insurance Fund(SCIF), which adjusts claims for your employer. We send them to SCIF because otherwise they would send them to you, and we are trying to save a few steps.
The generic letter explaining workers' compensation is one I prepared, which merely gives you a general overview of workers compensation benefits, what to expect, etc. You should retain this and refer to it as the need arises.
Return the forms you sign in the self-addressed stamped envelope, and we will mail you copies when they are mailed to the various parties involved, such as SCIF, the Workers Compensation Appeals Board(WCAB) or your employer.
Thank you for your continued courtesy and cooperation. We look forward to providing you some assistance on your claim(s.)

Very truly yours,

>
>
>
{{BeginHeaderFooter4
EndHeaderFooter4}}

--------------------------- END of Form 19 ---------------------------

Anonymous User

Re: Problem with form letters-perhaps page numbering command

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:09 pm

Start by putting an {{{END}}} command after the form number command like this:

>
>
{{{END}}}
>
{{BeginHeaderFooter4
EndHeaderFooter4}}

If that does not work then try copying and pasting everything after the {{{END}}} command to Notepad and then back into the form letter over the current commands.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:51 pm

For comparison purposes I went ahead and copy/pasted our footer:

>{{BeginHeaderFooter4
Law Offices of
> -[[##]]-
EndHeaderFooter4}}

Note: The > is a great command which we use quite a bit because it pulls the current firmname.

For example: when not using it - when we went from Lerner, Moore, and Silva to Lerner, Moore, Silva, and Cunningham, I had to change that to the new firmname in each place it was in our letters.

I went ahead and put the > instead and now when the firm name changes I talk with Michael and he show me how to change it in a single instance in the A1 main system.

Thanks Michael!
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:36 pm

Mike, I tried the change. No luck. I tried Mr. Lerner's format, still no luck. Any more suggestions? Thanks, Frank

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:02 pm

Please Email me the letter and any letters that it merges if there are any. You will find it in the A1Law\A1RTF folder. I will then take a look at this and simulate the problem here and post the results back to the forum as well as follow up with an Email to you.

One final comment - another idea is to also consider using Word or Word Perfect integration with your letters but either way we should be able to get the headers and footers working and I can test it when you send me the sample letter(s).

Mike

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:21 am

I'll email you a couple of the forms I'm having a problem with.

Re: word perfect, I was unaware we could use word perfect until last week or the week before. I started to try it, but it looked like too much to learn so I stopped. I was excited to learn I could use outlook. But now that I have that down, maybe I'll try the word perfect integration. My brain can only handle tidbits.

Thanks, Frank

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:59 am

Please see the Articles link and click on Word and Word Perfect integration. Also, see the sample Corel Word Perfect letters 10605 to 10613 especially the general Corel letter 10607. Just try printing form 10607.

Mike