WCAB Having Problems with A1 OCR Forms

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
wtberry

WCAB Having Problems with A1 OCR Forms

Post by wtberry » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:34 am

I received a call from the Bakersfield Board this morning. The main EAMS person there said they are having problems scanning our forms. When asked what the problem is they were somewhat vague. They just said the forms are not scanning properly. They said we need to fix the problem immediately or they will start rejecting our forms.

Is anyone else having problems with A1 forms?

Anonymous User

Re: WCAB Having Problems with A1 OCR Forms

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:49 pm

ONLY A FEW - the problem is not the A1-Law forms but how you are selecting them to be printed. In other words, you would probably have the SAME problem printing the official EAMS forms. You have to look at the dropdown right before printing where the PRINT SCALING dropdown says SHRINK TO PRINTABLE AREA or FIT TO PRINTABLE AREA or NONE. Most likely that is the problem. Try setting it to NONE or to PRINTABLE AREA. Please let us know which one it is. It could also be that you need to click Properties and make sure your printer is not set to print too light or too dark, etc. The problem is in the settings and not the A1-Law form itself.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:53 pm

I haven't heard of any recent issues at the SB WCAB or surrounding boards with the A1 Forms. I will ask around at the office.

I am curious if you are sending your forms to multiple boards... if the other boards are accepting them, I wonder what the other boards are doing differently (how they are doing it, settings, equipment, etc.) then Bakersfield.

You may also need to be persistent with the Bakersfield staff for details and/or to mail you one of the rejected forms - ask them to circle problem areas, etc. Maybe there are other staff members who would be less vague? (As a possible technical issue, it is hard to figure out a solution without lots of details.) For example: Did something recently change with your computers? Your Printers? Their Scanners? Were the forms accepted before X date? Etc. Etc.

Good Luck!
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:38 am

Good point Michael - sometimes forms are rejected due to the information contained or not contained on the form (red areas must be completed). Also, in Configure System Defaults, EAMS Extra Defaults button will automatically convert certain things like STREET to ST or ROAD to RD, etc and allow you to define abbreviations as well.

Mike

wtberry

Post by wtberry » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:13 am

They could not give me any specifics. I have continued to file A1 documents as usual with no further complaints.

Todd

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:32 am

Great - if there are any specific issues just let us know. (:P)

Thanks,
Mike