how can you force a sign off from a user logged into law

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
RPT-RDO

how can you force a sign off from a user logged into law

Post by RPT-RDO » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:16 pm

A1 law claims that one of the staff members here is signed on, but we checked every pc in the office and that user is not on. i can only guess it is remotely since amy has that ability but there is really no way to know for sure. how can we force a boot. A1 tries to sign off when trying to sign on another computer, but only gets up to 30 percent and then asks if we would like to continue to sign this person off, when selecting yest it stars all over and samething happens at thirty percent. so what can you suggest. (sorry mike seems like one problem after the other from this office huh?)

RPT-RDO

Re: how can you force a sign off from a user logged into law

Post by RPT-RDO » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:18 pm

oh, i forgot to mention, amy gave her daughter (the initials with the problem) administrative privlages to try to fix the problem, but i am not sure how to use an administrator account to force boot. it just looks like regular law to me like any other user

Anonymous User

Re: how can you force a sign off from a user logged into law

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:03 pm

If the file server has a lock on the file then you might need to restart it to clear all the locks or right click My Computer on the server (when everyone is out of A1-Law) and then click Manage, Shared Folders then right click Open files and click Disconnect all open files.

That will clear all the locks. Make sure everyone has saved their documents and exited all programs before doing this. It's faster than restarting the file server.

Mike