Scan Attached to Wrong Case

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Law Offices of George Henderson

Scan Attached to Wrong Case

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Mon May 04, 2009 9:31 am

ScanFiles attached something to the incorrect case. What would be the best way to get it attached to the correct case?

Anonymous User

Re: Scan Attached to Wrong Case

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 04, 2009 9:49 am

In the Scan Files module if you PROCESS (edit) the entry and then change the dropdown back to UNATTACHED you may then change the case number.

Mike

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Mon May 04, 2009 1:48 pm

It was kind of attached manually. ScanFiles used ShowMyPC.com. I don't exactly how they did it. So would the easiest way be just to delete and get the file again and attach to the correct case?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 04, 2009 1:53 pm

If you already have the PDF file then you can just drag and drop it right onto a case activity note. Otherwise, you can open the file that it is currently attached to and coyp the PDF file to the desktop and then attach it to the correct case (by dragging it from the desktop onto a case activity note when adding a new case activity note).

Mike

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:46 am

Is there a way to attach a new scan to a file that already had a scan attached? I did everything through the scan tracker. Example: I scanned in many proof of services and attached them to the cases. But I didn't get to file everything on the date of the proof of service so I re-scanned new proof of services with the correct date.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:24 pm

In the Scan Tracker - click the PROCESS button and mark the document back again as UNATTACHED then change the Case Number to the new number you want to attach it to.

Mike

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:25 pm

The Scan Tracker doesn't have a process button. I only see that button for the ScanFiles mail. These are docs that we scanned

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:57 pm

I'm sorry - that's what I meant. The ScanFiles mail (not the scan tracker). Try that and it should work when you mark it back to Unattached mail then enter a case number and then simply mark it either unassigned, incomplete or completed.

Mike

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:23 pm

The scans that I did are through the Scan Tracker. So what can I do through there to attach the updated scan?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:11 pm

The best way is to probably just copy the file to the desktop. You can see where the file is located by going into the first case and clicking forms then single click the document and click the Attach button which displays the location of the file. Next copy it to the desktop (by going into the folder, right click the document and click Copy then on the desktop right click and click Paste) and then drag and drop it from the desktop onto a case activity note you would in the new case where you want the document. This will attach the document in the new case in that case activity note you add by simply dragging it from the desktop onto the note.

Mike