Mass Mailing to treating doctors

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Prosser

Mass Mailing to treating doctors

Post by Prosser » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:54 pm

We've never done a mass mailing to the treating doctors before. How do I pull the treater's name and address into the letter as the addressee? Would the loop command at the bottom be: > ?

Anonymous User

Re: Mass Mailing to treating doctors

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:43 pm

That will not work because that sends letters to every case and therefore it could send a letter to the doctor multiple times since they could be in multiple cases. The best way to send a mass mailer to a specific group in the rolodex is to export the names to Corel format and do the mailer from within Corel as a mail merge.

Mike.

Prosser

Post by Prosser » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:24 pm

Mike, sorry I'm not sure how to export files from A1Law to Corel. I do know how to do merge documents in Word Perfect. Here is my problem: I clicked on the filter in the rolodex. Typed in upper(type) = "treater." It pulled up 204 names. I clicked on "other options." I selected export files and selected fields to export. However, wasn't sure what I should select as the file type or file name. When I hit proceed, it told me the export was successful. But I'm still lost.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:24 pm

I'll be sending you the info in PDF format shortly. (:P)

Mike