Calendar posts

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

Calendar posts

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:37 am

Hey Mike,

How can we automatically include the name of a deponent in the event field of a calendar post? We have a deposition notice that prompts the user for the deponent's name, then stores the answer in memory slot 3. Later in the letter come these commands for the calendar post:

>
>
>
>
>

(Memory slots 1 and 2 have the user-entered date and time of the depo.)

We'd like to combine the name in memory slot 3 with the words "Depo of" that we currently assign to memory slot 11, so that the event name will automatically read something like "Depo of John Doe." How's this done?

Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: Calendar posts

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:56 am

To combine memory cell 3 into memory cell 11 and prefix with Depo of

Change this line from this:

>

To this:

>

(:P)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:45 pm

On a somewhat related note, I have a question about how to produce calendar posts for future events. One form letter we have informs a client of an upcoming doctor's appointment. We don't want to calendar that appointment itself; instead, all we want to calendar is an event dated 20 days before the appointment to remind us to write the doctor. In our form letter, the user will enter the date of the upcoming appointment, which is then stored in memory variable 1. How can I get the PostCal command to use a date that's 20 days before what the user enters?

BTW, macros won't help here, since they require one to enter a calendar event first (and we're only looking to generate one calendar entry). I realize that we could use the [ALERT] command within PostCal and have the user enter a tickler, but that's less than desirable for two reasons. One, the user has to enter the date in question, a process we'd rather have automated. Two, ticklers aren't calendar events, and everyone's used to using the calendar for the purpose described above.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:16 pm

Yes, A1-Law allows you to do this. :)-D

I'll take the example from the help files and expand on it. Also, note that I have added line feeds in this post between each command to make it easier to read. Howerver, in the form letter itself you would probably want to "string" all the commands together without the linefeed so that additional linefeedsa are not present in the actual letter. You could of course place these commands at the bottom of the letter after a {{{END}}} and then the commands will be interpreted, calendar appointment(s) posted without adding linefeeds to the letter.

Here are the commands from the help file along with three additional commands for a second post to the calendar for a 20 day reminder. In particular, note the third from the last command > which subtracts 20 days from the date. In fact, if you wanted to, you could add multiple postings to the calendar from one form letter. Also, note how I have included the ALERT and EDIT parameters to allow the user to view and modify each posting to the calendar. This of course is optional and if you do not include the EDIT parameter then A1Law just posts to the calendar and the user would have to manually go in and modify the calendar entry if they have rights to do so. (You can copy and pasted the code below into NOTEPAD and then COPY AND PASTE it from NotePad into an A1Law Form Letter (using Control-V to paste)

[pre]
{{{END}}}

Because I've used an END command above
nothing from here gets printed onto the letter so I can comment
each of these and the comments don't get placed in the letter

You might want to place the INPUT4 COMMAND at the TOP
of the letter rather than below the END command since you
might need to use the answers to these questions INSIDE the letter itself.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>

NOW WE CHANGE THE DATE in the memory variable to 20 days before.
I could just as easily assign it to a different memory variable if I want to.

>
>
>
[/pre]

Law Offices of George Henderson

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:28 am

I have a question about calendar posts but I don't think it's the same as what was discussed. When you add something to the calendar, it automatically posts to the case activities. Is there any way to edit what info to automatically post?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:36 am

Can you please be more specific. I'm not understanding what you want to do.

Thanks,
Mike

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:13 am

In the case activities under Calendar, it posts this:

Trial, 05/04/2009 08:30:00 AM, Judge: Williams, Defendant: Health Net Inc.Atty Assigned: ARR

Is there anyway where we can change it to also post the location and notes? Is there a way where this can not be edited or deleted by anyone except the administrator? Basically we need to see the mistakes in calendaring and make sure that no one can try to cover up the mistakes.

Post by Law Offices of George Henderson » Tue May 19, 2009 12:41 pm

Does the case cal post to the calendar or to the case activities under calendar? Is it possible for us to do a depo notice and have the info be pulled from the calendar?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 19, 2009 1:55 pm

The PostCal option posts to the calendar. You may also use the EDIT parameters (see the original post at the top of this thread) to allow the user to make changes to the new calendar entry being posted.

Mike