E-Forms / OCR Forms / Auto-Population Questions Answered

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
Anonymous User

E-Forms / OCR Forms / Auto-Population Questions Answered

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:36 pm

E-FORMS and OCR Forms and Auto-Population Questions Answered
We recently were at a seminar in Ontario where one on the panel indicated that vendor programs could not auto-populate E-Forms. This information is completely false. Although we have not as of yet implemented features to auto-populate E-Forms, we have successfully done so in our testing. This is indisputable and not subject to debate. Anyone who says it is impossible for computer programs to auto-populate E-Forms is completely misinformed.

We are currently waiting for the DWC to come out with their final draft of OCR forms which could be any day now. Once they have done this, we plan to get the new OCR forms in A1-Law. We then plan to use those forms as an "intake sheet" for those that wish to subscribe to E-Forms and we will be able to successfully "push" the data from the OCR forms right onto the E-Forms. Now, clearly in order for this to happen, the law office will need to be a subscriber to the EAMS service and have a username and password. Either way, it is definitely possible to do and we know how to do it.

Once the DWC releases their next batch of forms we also intend to have much better population for the OCR forms (more fields will be automatically populated) than in the prior release. One may also automatically populate any fields they like provide they have the technical expertise to do so (this is also available in the current release as well).

Mike

wtberry

Re: E-Forms / OCR Forms / Auto-Population Questions Answered

Post by wtberry » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:59 pm

I recently noticed that none of my forms will auto-populate the dates or case numbers.
Will there be an update for this in the near future?

Todd Berry

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Everything should autopopulate. Please click Help, Check for web updates to make sure you have the latest version.

Thanks,
Mike

wtberry

Post by wtberry » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:54 pm

I update everyday. All of my staff are having the same problem.

No dates or case numbers.

Todd Berry

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:05 pm

Are you referring to the OCR forms at the A1 Court forms menu or the online internet E-File forms?

Mike

wtberry

Post by wtberry » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:19 pm

The OCR forms.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:28 pm

The OCR forms do auto-populate. Please let me know an OCR form that you are using as an example and what is not autopopulating on that form. Is anything autopopulating such as your uniform name, opposing attorney and carrier?

Thanks,
Mike

wtberry

Post by wtberry » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:41 am

On the Document Cover Sheet, the following do not auto-populate:

1. Date
2. Case number

On the Application for Adjudication of Claim, the following do not auto-populate:

1. Case number (if filing an amended app)
2. Employer's address
3. Insurance carrier name and address
4. My firm name, address and law firm number

On the Declaration of Readiness to Proceed, the following do not auto-populate:

1. Employer's address (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't)
2. My name, address, phone number and date

On the Compromise and Release, the following do not auto-populate:

1. My name and address
2. Defense counsel's name and address
3. Insurance carrier name and address
4. The law firm number for my office and defense counsel shows as "0."

There may be others, but these are the ones my staff have mentioned and that I have seen myself.

Thanks.

Todd

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:01 am

Feel free to Email me if you would like to set aside some time so that I can contact you via phone and we can go over this with remote access if you have internet access. Here are my replies:

Regarding the Doc Cover Sheet:

The case number does auto populate but you must enter the EAMS # (at the court tab) and not the WCAB #.

For the date - we decided not to autopopulate it because we thought that users would be re-using the Doc Cover Sheet for each form and thus would need to re-enter the date each time. But, we could easily auto-populate it the first time it is created. We will make a note of this for an update. Otherwise, all other fields should auto populate including the body parts, dates of injury, etc.

Regarding the Application for Adjudication

1. Same situation. Please enter the EAMS # when doing an application at the INJURY tab of the client card (go to the COURT tab when filling out the extended application).

2. Employer's address does autopopulate. You must have the category EMPLOYER at the Party sheet of the client card but this can be changed.

3. Carrier auto populates but you must have the word INSURANCE at the Party tab and you must have it linked with a Uniform Name.

4. Your firm name is showing as a zero because you have not told A1Law what your EAMS # is. Please click Tools, System, Configure System Defaults and at the lower right enter your EAMS Reference #. Your reference # is: 5094675

Once you do this - your firm will auto populate on all EAMS forms.

The concept is the same for all forms. It may be best if you would like me to contact you via phone and we can discuss this further. However, all auto population is working but your system may not be fully configured and set up for it (as in #4 above as an example).

:)
Mike

wtberry

Post by wtberry » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:24 pm

Thanks. I'll make the changes you mentioned and contact you if we still have problems.

Todd