Form Number search find-thrown off

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
TLLLP

Form Number search find-thrown off

Post by TLLLP » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:25 am

Mike:

All the form numbers in the system appear to be set up correctly but when you actually search for a form by number, using the "?" icon. It pulls up the form# after.

For example if I search for form 275, it will pull up form 274 instead. We are currently re-indexing the system. But I have a feeling it won't solve the problem.

Please advise if this is bigger than a re-index issue. THANK YOU.

Anonymous User

Re: Form Number search find-thrown off

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:33 am

It could be a corrupted Forms table. Please advise if reindex fixes it.

Mike

TLLLP

Post by TLLLP » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:16 am

Re-index didn't fix the problem, but when I was searching through the "browse" - "letters" section in configure system defaults. I noticed that an empty cell next to first form was selected. After I deselected it, The forms renumber correctly

I than selected 2 of the cells to test out how it impacted the forms and I noticed that all empty cells selected next to the forms, removed them from the form list, shifting everything up two.

The moment I removed the selection all forms listed properly and in order....very interesting.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:21 am

Do you mean something that looks like a filled in "black square box?" That would indicated to delete the record. Clicking it so that it is not "filled in" undeletes it. Therefore it is possible that somehow the record got deleted. The other way to repair this would be through the "quick backup" that A1Law does via the letters file or from a full backup.

I'm glad you resolved the issue.

Mike

TLLLP

Post by TLLLP » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:43 am

Yes exactly, thanks for the tip & explanation. I'll keep the "quick back-up in mind next time that happens. THANKS!