Changing Secretary Handling for Cases A through L.

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
LMSSC

Changing Secretary Handling for Cases A through L.

Post by LMSSC » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:11 pm

Dear Michael,

I please need your help.

I recently received a request from a Secretary YYY:
"Can you please switch the Secretary Handling of all of Attorney AAA's A-L cases to my initials, as I am taking over these files. Thanks."

-So for Attorney AAA, I need to find all of his cases that are in the A to L range, and change the Secretary Handling from his current secretary to YYY.

I know if it was for ALL cases, I could use Global Reassign (Case, Parameter - Atty Hand: AAA, Changes to Be Made - Sec Hand: YYY).

However, since this is Only for a particular alphabetical range, what would be the easiest way for me to do this?

Thank you very much!
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Re: Changing Secretary Handling for Cases A through L.

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:17 pm

I think the easiest way will be for me to Email you a component so that you may run this from A1-Studio. Please Email me details as to the secretary's old and new initials and any other details.

Mike

LMSSC

Post by LMSSC » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:35 pm

Dear Michael,

Thanks for your previous help.

I am working on doing a couple of global reassigns and please need your thoughts/advice.

A. Can I do a global assign safely while everyone is logged into A1? (aka if someone is working on one of the Case Cards that will be affected... will there be any glitches?)

This time the following two things are occurring:

1. All of Attorney ABC's OPen cases are being moved from Secretary XXX to Secretary YYY. Secretary XXX currently handles two attorney's cases.

So for Global Reassign:
Parameters -
Case Status: OP
Atty Hand: ABC
Atty: Res: ABC
Sec Hand: XXX

Changes to be Made

Sec Hand: YYY

2. In February of 2008 (above) we moved the A-L cases of one attorney to a different secretary. These cases are now being moved back to the original secretary.

-So I should be able to do the same as #1 for moving these cases back over to the original secretary?

Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:49 pm

Remember to do the Quick backup first (at system defaults, security, backup now). It should not be a problem when others are in the system but it may skip the case if another is actually editing it and it cannot get a lock on it but I believe it will tell you if it skipped any and you could then just run the process again in 30 minutes or so.

Mike