Use Programs Menu to Open a Folder?

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
LMSSC

Use Programs Menu to Open a Folder?

Post by LMSSC » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:00 pm

Dear Michael,

I'm enjoying opening Programs via the "Program" option on the menu bar.

I'm wondering if it could be used to open folders as well.

Our situation is we end up switching between printer drivers for printing envelopes (one printer in the office has a envelope attachment). I want to let the staff be able to open the Printers folder quickly to change the default printer before starting the Envelope Process (Previously when you started the Envelope process it based itself off the default printer... so even when you selected the printer later on it would still print to the one selected before you created a preview of your envelope. Is that still the situation?).

To change the Program Menu:
Tools - System - Configure System Defaults - Program Menu

Creating a Shortcut to the Printers folder in an attempt to pull its properties was somewhat of a convoluted process. I couldn't in Windows 2000 create one from the Start - Settings - Printer.
1. I first had to open up the Printers window.
2. In the Printers Window that opened… I Right-Clicked on the Printers Icon on the Left hand side… it gave me to Option to “Create Shortcut”
3. Then a message popped up telling me that the Shortcut cannot be placed here… Do you want it placed on the Desktop Instead? I clicked on Yes.
I've been trying to puzzle out the properties from this shortcut without luck.

Info:
Target Type: Printers
Target Location: Control Panel

Any tips or suggestions would be gladly appreciated!

Thanks in quintuplets!

Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore,Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com