Making a parties type change in All Cases (How to)

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
LMSSC

Making a parties type change in All Cases (How to)

Post by LMSSC » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:46 am

Dear Michael,

Our office recently changed the following in A1:

"Due to the SS Office of Hearings and Appeals (all of them) changing their names to the Office of Disability, Adjudication and Review...

The Rolodex Card Type "OHA" has been replaced with "ODAR" to prevent future confusion.
(OHA --> ODAR)"

Even though the main Rolodex cards have been changed to ODAR... we'll also need in this case to change every instance of the offices listed as OHA in the Parties Lists of the Case Cards to ODAR.*

We are currently changing the type in each Case Card's party list as they are brought up.. however is there a way to do a single Global Search for all instances of OHA in the Party lists and change their type to ODAR? (All our form letters have been changed to pull ODAR instead of OHA now)

*(Normally understanding that once you attach a party to a Case Card you can change the type... and doing so doesn't change the "master type" in the Rolodex... to allow you to have only 1 instance of the person in the rolodex but could list them on the card as for example.. not only a doctor.. but as a referral.. etc.)

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Strasser, Silva & Cunningham
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Re: Making a parties type change in All Cases (How to)

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:18 pm

You may easily make the global change in either the rolodex or the Party list or both. Since you have already made the changes in the rolodex, here is how to make them in the Party list:

First do a Quick Backup of the critial files:

1. Click Tools, System, Configure System Defaults, Security, Backup Now. Next to make the global change:
2. Click Tools, System, Browse and check the Modal checkbox
3. Double click the CaseCard selection in the list
4. Click Table, Replace Field.
4. Click Field and select TYPE
5. Enter "ODAR" in the WITH field (be sure to include the quotes around ODAR)
6. Enter: upper(type) = "OHA" in the FOR field.
7. Select ALL for the scope

Click the Replace button and it should take anywhere from 2-30 seconds (the mouse cursor will turn to an hourglass while it is doing the replace).

Mike

LMSSC

Re: Making a parties type change in All Cases (How to)

Post by LMSSC » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:03 pm

Dear Michael,

I got up to step #3.
When I "Double click the CaseCard selection in the list"

-It opened a new window called "Casecard" that listed the case number, card code, order number, office number, side, and type.

I didn't at first see anything in the Casecard called "Table"... but I realized you ment the "Table" listing across the top to the right of "Help".

Went though the rest... when I clicked the Replace button there was no hourglass... I wasn't sure anything had changed.. but it had and seemed to be immediate.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Strasser, Silva & Cunningham
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com