A1 Compatablity with Quickbooks?

Closed Forum - older posts now retired. This forum is read only. You can search and view posts in this forum but you cannot reply or create new posts in this forum.
LMSSC

A1 Compatablity with Quickbooks?

Post by LMSSC » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:49 pm

Dear Michael,

Our office staff was wondering what it would take to create some compatabilities/integration between A1 and Quickbooks.

At a minimum, they would like it if Quickbooks could be setup to automatically post new entries into A1 as they are generated. So each check created and posted in Quickbooks would be sent to the proper case (Using the Case Number perhaps).

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Strasser, Silva & Cunningham
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131
Sincerely,
Michael Lerner
Network Administrator
Lerner, Moore, Silva, Cunningham & Rubel
www.injuryatwork.com
(909) 889-1131

Anonymous User

Re: A1 Compatablity with Quickbooks?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:47 pm

Michael - it can be very easy to do. Here's the steps as I see it and feel free to provide your feedback and input:

1. Your firm creates some kind of Export from Quickbooks to one of the following formats: DBF, Excel, ASCII Text. I'm not sure what formats are available because I don't have Quickbooks. Can you specify a starting and ending date so as to not have duplicates so that each import into A1Law is unique?

2. Your firm inserts the case number in the exported file. So, if it is ASCII comma delimited, they would simply go into Notepad or another word processor and insert the case numbers and save the file.

3. If there is no case number, A1Law could look for a first and last name and if there is more than one, then it would prompt the user for a case number.

4. Send me a sample file so that I may use that file to create the module.

5. I need to know if you want this in Case Activity. We could create a separate dropdown/category called Quickbook Info.

None of this is hard to do as long as there is a file in ASCII comma delimited or dbf format (preferred format).

Mike